E8x/e9x eDiff coding

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Anyone know how to code this bastard off? Have mechanical LSD and intrusions from the "eDiff" when the tarmac is cold or wet make for an extremely unpredictable dangerous car that keeps trying to kill me.

Any help appreciated.

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks. So is this something that has been determined to be 100% worth it if you have an lsd or are the results not clear?

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Thanks. So is this something that has been determined to be 100% worth it if you have an lsd or are the results not clear?
I'll put it this way, I did the M3 conversion, full drivetrain w/ M LSD and a M3 ABS/DSC unit. The M3 DSC module contains none of the electronic nannies that the 335i module/software does. There hasn't been a time yet were I wished I had any of that crap back.

• 1Like
Reactions: houtan

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
I'll put it this way, I did the M3 conversion, full drivetrain w/ M LSD and a M3 ABS/DSC unit. The M3 DSC module contains none of the electronic nannies that the 335i module/software does. There hasn't been a time yet were I wished I had any of that crap back.
ok thank you. I will have to do the changes this weekend.

So you ended up doing the full conversion? I was interested but the inability to use the 2.56 diff was a deal breaker for me. What diff did you end up using?

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
I've been on 80+ hour weeks and a brand new baby at home. Hell, I washed my car for the first time in 3 months yesterday.

Hope to do this soon!!

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
I feel your pain brother. I did it last night after the kids went to sleep, while falling asleep myself lol. Followed @LMB335is YouTube video, took me 20min. Thanks for the video btw.

• 1Like
Reactions: LMB335is

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
ok thank you. I will have to do the changes this weekend.

So you ended up doing the full conversion? I was interested but the inability to use the 2.56 diff was a deal breaker for me. What diff did you end up using?
M3 diff with 2.81 ring and pinion from a E31 850i. Same size, 210mm.

houtan

Corporal
Nov 2, 2017
Would love to see your feedback
Long overdue response and as you know i am no expert, but it seems like the changes have been very positive for my car. Prior to the changes, from time to time my rear end would just snap out of line out of the blue even though i was going completely straight. This doesn't happen anymore and i have driven the car really hard. I think the changes are totally worth it.

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Long overdue response and as you know i am no expert, but it seems like the changes have been very positive for my car. Prior to the changes, from time to time my rear end would just snap out of line out of the blue even though i was going completely straight. This doesn't happen anymore and i have driven the car really hard. I think the changes are totally worth it.
I ended up using bimmergeeks protool to code it out. Helped a lot until my diff broke.

• 1Like
Reactions: houtan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.