MHD Wifi

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
Per their description, the orange is for E chassis, black works for everything else.

Just ordered. The details say it is faster on e series and even faster on f series so I assume it will work for e series.
"The orange adapter is compatible with E and F chassis BMW. The black adapter is compatible with F and G chassis BMW and has optimized logic for the fastest possible flash times. As noted F chassis BMW can use either adapter but the black adapter has faster flash times. "

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Per their description, the orange is for E chassis, black works for everything else.

"The orange adapter is compatible with E and F chassis BMW. The black adapter is compatible with F and G chassis BMW and has optimized logic for the fastest possible flash times. As noted F chassis BMW can use either adapter but the black adapter has faster flash times. "
So. Orange for all of us.

Does anyone know if all logging/reading can be done as well? I'd imagine yes since it can flash too.

jyamona

Captain
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Orange: works on E/F/G series, and gives a moderate speed increase vs. BimmerGeeks (good quality) cable
Black: works only on F/G series, but is much faster

Yes it logs, reads codes, etc, does everything a cable would do.

• 1Like
  • 1Informative
Reactions: typedRew and ShocknAwe

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Looks like BMS is the only vendor that has the orange adapter.

Is there a full list of vendors doing the preorder or is it just Twisted and BMS?

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
So
Orange: works on E/F/G series, and gives a moderate speed increase vs. BimmerGeeks (good quality) cable
Black: works only on F/G series, but is much faster

Yes it logs, reads codes, etc, does everything a cable would do.
So its safe to assume the quoted times are for the black adapter on F/G series and not the orange on E?

From instagram;

"3-4 mins unlock flash, 20s map updates."

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Well then their website is confusing. I have texted Justin to be sure I get the e series. They whould not say the e series is fast on an f series cable. And I did not see any orange one.

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
Surprised Burger isn't in here already to talk about how if only you had a jb4 you could have had wireless logging years ago
Doubt hed do that being one of the only 2 vendors taking pre orders for this. lol

Just ordered mine through BMS since twisted is now out of pre sale stock i guess.

scrllock

Corporal
Dec 17, 2018
Well then their website is confusing. I have texted Justin to be sure I get the e series. They whould not say the e series is fast on an f series cable. And I did not see any orange one.
Black is ENET, orange is K+DCAN. Don't believe it's backwards compatible. I think he already sold out of the orange ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.