N54 complete motor

fmorelli

Brigadier General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
I've been sitting on this for a short while. I would buy this in a flat second, but I have other stuff sucking me dry and @[email protected] convinced me we are good on spares.

30k mile N54, according to ad, complete for $1,000. Whose the lucky guy here that's buying it?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/d/alexandria-2010-bmw-engine-e90-n54/6947708184.html

Now I will say ... 30k miles ... unlikely given the front valve cover weeping, though possible. For $1k complete, if the motor is intact, screaming deal regardless. But I would want to convince myself that the reciprocating assembly is fine. Likely a wrecked car from which this got pulled.

Filippo

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ive messaged the guy. At first the listing said it had rod knock. Then he relisted it and left that out so I messaged him asking about it and he said "no knock but it might have a spun bearing" lol

• 1Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ive messaged the guy. At first the listing said it had rod knock. Then he relisted it and left that out so I messaged him asking about it and he said "no knock but it might have a spun bearing" lol
I would not bother. Just buy one from Ghassan Motors with upgraded internals and call it a day. If you want an upgraded motor, buy one from a reputable source with warranty.