N54 VC Scan

N54 Valvecover Scan (stl) 1.0

No permission to download

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Please enlighten the ignorant and unwashed. Is this for 3D print games? Or .... ?
This is for designing a shapely cover that will fit like a cap over the valve cover and cover up the nasties. It will likely get 3d printed and used as a molding plug and then turned into a carbon fiber product potentially.

The other option is to go directly to billet, in case someone were so inclined to do something like that for the stock VC. I suspect once an idea is born and gains some interest, it could be transferred to the aftermarket VC's also.
Now that I remember, my previous question no longer stands.

it’s for making a carbon fiber coil cover.
Yeah, I intentionally didn't harass them to make it perfect since we just need the framework to model inside of.

• 1Like
Reactions: fmorelli

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
This is for designing a shapely cover that will fit like a cap over the valve cover and cover up the nasties. It will likely get 3d printed and used as a molding plug and then turned into a carbon fiber product potentially.

The other option is to go directly to billet, in case someone were so inclined to do something like that for the stock VC. I suspect once an idea is born and gains some interest, it could be transferred to the aftermarket VC's also.

Yeah, I intentionally didn't harass them to make it perfect since we just need the framework to model inside of.
Only parts that would be nice to have that aren’t there are the coils and hp fuel lines, but the back of the cam gear cover should be a decent guide I’d think.

• 1Like
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Yeah I agree but I can only ask so much when it comes to favors. With this we can probably get the main shape figured out. The rest might be possible with some basic measurements

• 1Like
Reactions: The Convert

[email protected]

700HP Club (N54)
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
As far as the topic is concerned, I think that is pretty well in line with what I've described. Which makes sense because I've described this to him as well on more than one occasion and shown my photos to anyone who would look.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KAIZZER N54 10
George@GPerformance N54 9
fmorelli N54 17
Gavin N54 3
DASN54 N54 3